Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wen: Market Day


Wow, so Market Day was intense.  I took the bus this morning and got there around 10am, and there were already hundreds of people there!

I thought it was going to rain because the forecast predicted it, so I brought my umbrella.  It ended up not raining, so I was cool with that.  I did notice that I got tan, borderline burnt after walking around today.... note to self, use sunscreen!

Anyway, as mentioned before, Market Day was intense... they gave out a great deal of stuff.  Lots of literature and lots of freebies.

I joined Quest today, a group that organizes trips and activities for international students.  I think I see a trip to the zoo in the future!

I also got some hats and some drinks.  One of them being a RedBull shot... not sure if I'll be using that in the future!  Also, one of my favorites is probably the huge bumper sticker that says "Caution, driver may be nude".  Very funny.

I also got an assignment pad, which is called a diary here.  Since travel is so long and I don't want to be hauling my heavy laptop around, I think I will have to rely on the diary to remember things etc.  I've been out of practice with using one of these though!

No comments:

Post a Comment