Monday, February 22, 2010

Wen: Spending quality time at McDonald's and Using Free Wireless


Jennifer, this one is for you. I was reading a newspaper at McDonald's when I was still bumming at the hostel. By the way, grimiest place ever. Never shall I willingly live in a hostel ever again.

Just a few things for people who aren't familiar with these cheap but grimy places. They're gross. There were like yellow stains on my pillow. I found pubes in my bedding and there were cockroaches in the bathroom.

Anyway, back to the sheitel... this one is for you Jennifer. When you grow up you should get one too




This Ibis was just wandering around the Queen Street Mall, which is a huge shopping center in Brisbane. When I first saw it, I was like omg, that's a beautiful bird! I especially love the tail feathers. Little did I know that locals don't actually love these birds, they actually dislike them! Yeah, apparently they've become so used to humans that they actively seek out food on the street, or even steal it from under peoples' noses! I wasn't just trying to take a picture of the butt, although you can see the fine detail of the tail feathers... I was trying to take a picture but it moved too fast!







Wow, so first night living at the Larsen house and guess who visits us?! A baby blue tongued lizard, that's who!
Yeah, I was super excited about this because I had not previously had the honor of seeing one of these things. Apparently they can get up to twice the size of this guy/girl... and since it was just a baby, it didn't even have a blue tongue yet :(

Wow, as I type this, some kind of animal is screeching outside. I'd say a bat, a possum or something...

Anyway, these lizards eat fruit, so we gave it a piece, but I think that it was too sared to eat and just scurried off :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment