Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wen: Homemade Pizza

Tonight I made the most delicious pizza ever. [JK Amir, our pizzas were really delicious too.]

After chatting with Vikram online, and seeing his inspirational food creations, I decided to make my own pizza for dinner.

I use one of my many Lebanese breads (usually used for lunch wraps) and rubbed a little bit of olive oil on the surface. I grated some cheddar cheese and sprinkled a little on the bread. I sliced up half a tomato and one mushroom for veggies and ripped up a chicken drumstick for some delicious, delicious protein. After laying it all down, some minced garlic was lightly spread around and the rest of the cheese sprinkled ontop.

I put it into the oven on the fan bake option and left it in for about ten minutes until the edges looked like they were going to burn. When it came out, the aroma was quite pleasing, and the taste was delectable! It really didn't even need sauce. The edges and the bread were cripsy and fantastic.

This was incredibly healthy, easy and DELICIOUS! Who knew this was achieveable?! Anyway... the oven here has a "Bake" and "Fan Bake" option. I looked up the difference and I guess "Fan Bake" bakes more evenly by running hot air over the food. Very interesting!  Anyway, pretty good for making pizza on my own for the first time, mmm?  :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment