Monday, March 15, 2010

Wen: Grilled and South Bank

Last Saturday I went to a restaurant called Grilled with Dane, and it is apparently one of the restaurants that people really should visit because the food is just so good!

Well, Dane had a 2 for 1 coupon and we each ordered "The Queenslander" with 100% lean beef, beets (called beetroot, here) and even an egg. It was huge!  Omg, one of these burgers can really feed two people, I can't even imagine how many calories one of these things is!  We also got fries with it and Schwepps sodas that were Blood Orange flavored!
The soda was delicious, and it was definitely the first time I had blood orange flavored soda.  Although, I think it just tasted like regular orange with some red food coloring.
Anyway, just the burger was $12!  So, in an effort to give my wallet and my waistline a rest!



We also walked around South Bank along the Brisbane River!  The picture of the boat on the river is actually huge and has a dance floor on it!  Dane's Semi-Formal was actually held on there.

I wish we had prom on there, that would have been so cool!

It was definitely awesome!  Next time, I want to go when the markets are open... they apparently have a street filled with small stores that sell various things under tarp tents.  Sounds fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment