Monday, March 8, 2010

Jen: Geneva Summit for Human Rights Tolerance and Democracy

I realize I haven't posted in a while, but due to the urge of Wenhui, I decided to write an entry.  I have to catch up on everything that has occurred in Paris, from Purim to Shabbats to clubs to everything else, but for right now I will blog about Geneva.  I am currently sitting at the Geneva Summit for Human Rights Tolerance and Democracy hearing from different political prisoners, etc.  It is incredibly interesting.  I came with the European Union of Jewish Students, which organized a trip to attend this conference.  I didn't think I would be selected because I am not European, but turns out there are people from Canada, Israel, etc.  The people seem awesome... Jews from all over the world like Finland, Lithuania, Austria, Belgium, England, etc.
It is really amazing here.  I heard from one of the leaders of the green movement in Iran, the first woman presidential candidate in Afghanistan, and other people who are heavily involved in governments across the world.
I need to write more about this and really everything, but I thought this even was big enough to absolutely REQUIRE some kind of entry.  I am learning so much.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment