Monday, April 12, 2010

Wen: Wen's Falafel Creation

I realized that I had a lot of hummus in my fridge and I had to use it before it went bad, so thus began my quest to figure out how to make delicious falafel!

I looked it up online, but it seems that most people make falafel directly from mashed chickpeas, so I had to be creative.

My biggest problem was that the resulting mixture wouldn't keep its shape and thus fall apart or melt... either one.

To make it as dry as possible, I shredded the zucchini and used papertowels to get all the moisture out... then I added the following:
* Shredded Cheddar Cheese
* Green bell pepper
* Ground black pepper
* A tiny bit of hot pepper
* Groud ginger
* Garlic
* Soy sauce
* Diced chicken
* ... and of course, hummus!

On the first try it melted completely and I racked my brain for a solution. I decided to add two slices of bread to suck up the moisture and hold it together.

It worked and I got beautiful Falafel patties with a little bit of olive oil and a nonstick pan!

They were absolutely incredibly tasty!!! DELICIOUS!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment